TEXT: 1 Peter 2:2, Mark 16:17
The love of God is the perfect and most powerful sign of the anointing. I said in the last episode, that the word “Desire” is an everlasting characteristic of the Holy Spirit. This is how you know and experience that the Spirit of God is in you. Strong feeling is a natural thing for living souls. Apostle Paul use this word to suggest how we should approach and relate with God. “…so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation” A mortal child will outgrow baby food, but spiritual children of God must forever, hunger and thirst for Him.
Your wish as a Christian, is to have personal evidence that the Holy Spirit abides in you. So that you can have spiritual relationship with your Heavenly Father. Therefore, your desire for God must influence the following areas of your life: Your love and possession, knowledge, and perception of living, what you eat and drink spiritually, your pleasure and appetites, and your purpose in life. Essentially, we are talking about living with a strong and endless feeling for God, which is led by the Holy Spirit. Rom. 8:14
Apostle Paul wrote, “2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For … your life is hidden with Christ in God. – ” Colossians 3:2-3 (KJV) By the Holy Spirit who nurtures your mind so that it conforms to the image of the living God. The following are additional signs showing that you have the gift of Holy Spirit in you:
- You will notice the love for the word of God. “Oh, how I love you law, it is my meditation all day” Ps.97:1 This is the living bread of life. You will want more than a weekly bite of it. You want to regularly eat and chew the word of God for your personal growth and spiritual strength. You should not delegate to anyone, your need to listen, know, and understand the word of God (the Bible). Your pastor or prophet cannot eat the bread on your behalf. You must eat for yourself and be strong in the Lord.
- You will know the way of God and desire to walk in it. 18 Open my eyes, that I may behold Wonderful things from Your law. Psalms 119:18 (NASB) If you cannot see the path for yourself, you will follow others blindly. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life” The gift of the Holy Spirit, teaches you all things to help you know the way and walk in it. He gives you spiritual energy to live through this world unto everlasting life.
- You will sense the urge to pray. We are commanded to “Watch and pray” and “Pray without ceasing” Matt. 26:41, 1Thess. 5:16 Talking is what we do best, even babies talk. Prayer is talking to God and the Holy Spirit helps, empowers us, and prays on our behalf before God. Rom. 8:26 People shop for “prayers, prophets and prophecies” because they fail to appropriate their faith and love of God. Ability to pray to God is a sign that you have the anointing who is the spirit of children of God. You can pray if you turn your desires toward God and use the help of the Holy Spirit freely given to you by faith. 1 Cor.2:12
- Hearing from God or listening to the Holy Spirit: This is one of the critical desire of children of God. You want to hear from God just as from your love one on critical issues of life. This is the reason why Jesus gave us His Spirit. He also said that the anointing will be in you, will guide, teach, remind, or inspire you, give you revelation and insight to life. The challenge for most of us is that we want to hear from the loudspeakers than from the anointing within. But often, the Lord speaks to us with a still small voice – the anointing who is in you. 1 Kings 19:12. You must, therefore, personally identify the voice of God from within your heart. With the help of the Holy Spirit, the Bible is your personal companion. It is the book of life and the content is the word of life. Therefore read, study, believe, and obey the word of God. Then you will be a perfect judge of what you see and hear from the pulpit or the social media. Acts 17:11
- Life and living. Most people would rather live than die because you have a life. The Holy Spirit is the life of God in you and He wants to live and abide in you. Paul said, “For me to live is Christ” With the anointing, you will have the desire and power to live in Spirit and in truth. 1 Jn.4:9 Therefore, Jesus said “Abide in me, and I in you and you will live fruitfully. Jn 15:4
Finally, the Gift of Holy Spirit is the fulfillment of all things for which Jesus Christ died, resurrected, ascended to heaven, and is coming back. We are waiting for His coming with strong desire, in faith, hope and love of God. Just as the Lord promised to give us the Holy Spirit, he also promised that “These signs will accompany those who have believed: “What sign? We will continue next week to see how the gift of Holy spirit relate with the signs which follows that promise. See you then. God bless you.